Before you buy a home, you need to get all of your ducks in a row. Here’s how to do that in six simple steps.
Here’s what you need to do if you’re getting ready to buy a home:
1. Check your credit score. It will need to be above a certain figure for you to qualify for most financing options.
2. Talk to a mortgage lender. They can help you check your credit score, address any issues, and help you find out what kind of house you can afford. They’ll give you all the information, from the monthly payment amount to your down payment.
3. Interview real estate agents. You want to interview multiple agents so that you can compare and contrast them.
4. Pay attention to areas. Make sure you’re looking at homes in the areas that you want to buy in. Your Realtor will help you zero in on an area with the price point that you’re looking at.
5. Don’t spend a lot of money. You definitely don’t want to buy a new car, new furniture, or max out your credit cards. It can ruin your score and ruin your chances of qualifying for a mortgage.
6. Ask for financial support as gifts. If you plan to buy a new home next year, asking for monetary gifts for Christmas isn’t a bad idea. It lets people know you’re planning for the future.
If you have any questions for me in the meantime, don’t hesitate to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.