Here are the five purchases you should make for your new home.
So you’ve just closed on the perfect home and can’t wait to settle into it. What are some of the first purchases you should make for your new space?
1. New locks. You can never overestimate the importance of feeling safe in your home. Changing the locks is a small step toward peace of mind.
2. Get a lawnmower. If you decide that the lawn will be your labor of love, then don’t put off getting a new mower and other smaller gardening supplies.
3. New tools. There are so many small issues that can easily be fixed by basic tool kits and a little time; not everything demands a phone call to your trusty handyman.
4. Window treatments. It’s never a bad idea to invest in treatments or coverings, though be sure to use an interior decorator for the latter—you don’t want to mess up the look.
5. New appliances. If you can afford it, update the older appliances sooner than later. The last thing you want is to be in a new home relying on outdated appliances.
If you have questions about this or any other real estate topic, give me a call or send an email. I’m always happy to help you any way I can.