2018 is upon us, so I have a few tips to share that will help you get your home sold this year.
If you want to sell your home in 2018, here are five tips that will help you:
1. Recognize that every market is different. Even in San Antonio, price ranges are different all across the metro area, especially in different neighborhoods. You might have one friend who sells their home in one week and one friend who sells their home in one year. Don’t take anybody else’s advice as far as price ranges go—just pay attention to your own subdivision within your own neighborhood.
2. Clean and declutter. Remove all the garbage and clutter and clean your home like you would clean a hotel. Statistics show that a clean home will earn you a lot more money on the sale.
3. Make sure your landscaping is done well. Trim things back so you can expose your beautiful home. After that, put down some new mulch and flower beds—your flower beds should go well with your mulch.
4. Start interviewing real estate agents early. Not interviewing agents early is one of the biggest mistakes I see sellers make. Interview agents early so you know what to do for your home and you can set a listing price for it, which brings my next point.
5. Make sure you understand your price point. For example, if you know you want to set a lower price for your home to get below a certain price point—let’s say $400,000—and you price it at $399,000, you might have to do the bare minimum as far as upgrades and making everything look nice. If you decide to price the home at $425,000, on the other hand, you’ll definitely need to have everything looking nice. If you understand your price point and what your competition is, that will make a big difference in terms of what upgrades you make for your home.
If you need any more tips or have any other questions about how to sell your home in 2018, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’d be happy to help you.